Ozone deodorization for restaurants
For a long time, KAPP has offered ozone cleaners for restaurants as well for all those who need to eliminate odors.
There is often great dissatisfaction in the local environment of restaurants when the smell of food penetrates, apartments or businesses near the restaurant.
The solution is to connect an ozone device to the exhaust pipes, which destroys the smell in a natural way, 100% environmentally friendly.
The Health Authority has been increasing the requirements in recent years and now regularly monitors restaurant emissions. With the ozone device, the restaurants meet the requirements for odor elimination.
Here you can see a typical ozone device for restaurants.
Maintenance and security
There is little maintenance on the devices and safety is guaranteed so that the devices have both control signals connected to the suction blower and a vaccum relay that connects to a shaft that should match that they should not be running when there is no suction in the system.
A wide range of ozone solutions
KAPP has been developing ozone solutions for over twenty years and has a wide range of ozone devices and can therefore offer a complete solution for almost any situation.
1. Air compressor – 2. Water separator – 3. Refrigeration dryer – 4. Buffer tank for air – 5. Activated carbon filter– 6. Oxygen generator and filters – 7. Buffer tank for oxygen – 8. Ozone generator – 9. Mixing device for water that removes odors and bacteria
Above is an example of an ozone system, but ozone devices/systems can vary widely or range from the size of a cell phone, pictured below, to a system of several square meters.
Ozone eliminates all odors
Ozone is one of the strongest natural oxidants for bactericidal and disinfection in the world and can kill up to 99.9% of all bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms found in food. Ozone does not leave any dangerous additives after it has played its role and is therefore particularly suitable for the food industry.
Air and water
The main categories of ozone purification are air and water.
By mixing ozone to air intake/outtake the atmosphere can be purified. This can kill bacteria, reduce the risk of disease and eliminate odors. Flies and other insects do not tolerate ozone mixed atmospheres and therefore such pests can be controlled by ozone depletion.
Ozone mixing for sewage treatment has been under development at KAPP ehf. since 2008 and has been successful.
With more powerful ozone equipment, ozone purification in swimming pools has been gaining ground. With the right design and installation of ozone purification, only ozone can be used to purify swimming pools and hot tubs.
Examples of use:
- Restaurants – eliminate food odors
- Food – clean food and increase utilization and quality
- Food – increases shelf life
- Pipes – cleans pipes inside
- Fish processing – cleans devices, pipes, water and atmosphere
- Food processing – cleans devices, pipes, water and atmosphere
- Food processing – reduces shedding and maintains hydration
- Food processing – does not oxidize fat
- Food processing – maintains or increases protein levels
- Swimming pools – cleans pipes and water
- Sewers – cleans sewage water
- Mold – kills airborne bacteria
- Flour mills – eliminates odors
- Fish head drying – eliminates odors
- Composting – eliminates odors
- toe smell – eliminates toe smell in shoes
Below are pictures of an ozone device and piping in a typical restaurant.
The ozone device is connected to the exhaust line near the exhaust vent and not in the restaurant kitchen.
Here you can see the line from the ozone device connecting to the exhaust pipe.
A KAPP employee is happy after the successful installation of an Ozone device.
Great development of refrigeration and freezer equipment. A revolution in the treatment of raw materials.
KAPP and Eðalfiskur's Groundbreaking Partnership at Aqua Nor
Cooling pelagic fish using OptimICE slurry ice machine while landing the catch
Interview with Freyr Fridriksson in Morgunbladid, many opportunities ahead.
CO2 for all OptimICE Liquid ice machines
New OptimICE liquid ice machine for smaller boats